England - Step Forward Harry Salt - Ross Lowe

England - Step Forward Harry Salt - Ross Lowe

This book is set in my home county of Derbyshire in England, and published by a small independent company that set up shop in my home town (https://www.beardedbadgerpublishing.com/). Anyway enough trying to promote a mates publishing company, on with the book.

I wanted to love this book, and I had high hopes for it too, and the first few chapters were nicely odd, weird and engaging. As the book continued I got pretty hooked and was invested in Harry Salt's life and new adventure. The book took a nice twist about two thirds into the book, and settled nicely into the sci-fi genre. Weirdly as it started into sci-fi I found the book took on a very different feel, and just went a little childish and slightly slapstick. Look, I loved the book, the ideas, and the style of writing, and the connections to Derbyshire, i was just a little disappointed with the last third of the book.